2 chicken breasts
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp chili pepper flakes
1 clove garlic
2 tsp soy sauce
1 large zucchini, grated/spiraled
2 large carrots, grated/spiraled
(and other veggies of choice e.g. red cabbage, bean sprouts, etc).
***I picked up a cool grater that spirals your vegetables from Wal-Mart. It’s called a “Veggetti”!***
Spicy Almond Sauce:
2 tbsp almond butter
1 tsp crushed ginger
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp water
2 tsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp lemon juice
2 cloves crushed garlic
1/2 tsp ground fresh chili paste (or more if you like the fire!!)
1. In a skillet, add 2 tbsp olive oil and bring to medium heat. Add chopped up (bone-less & skinless) chicken breast.
2. Add 1 clove crushed garlic and 1 tsp chili pepper flakes to the skillet.
3. While the chicken is cooking, create your spicy almond sauce by combining all ingredients into a bowl and mixing.
4. When the chicken is cooked (no pink throughout), remove from heat and put in a separate dish.
5. On low-medium heat, put he veggie noodles in the same skillet and heat for ~5 minutes.
6. Add the spicy almond sauce to the skillet and cook for another 5 minutes. Make sure to stir the veggie noodles around to coat them in the sauce.
7. Using tongs, remove the veggie noodles from the skillet and put on your plates. You will notice left over sauce in the skillet… add the chicken back to the skillet and mix/coat with the leftover sauce on medium heat.
8. Add the chicken on top of your veggie noodles. Top with cashews, cilantro, and whatever you desire 🙂