If you follow my instagram, I just posted a Instagram story making this recipe. Watch the clips and you will see how quickly you can whip up these Easter treats! They are simple and fast to prepare. So if you’re in a hurry, definitely try out this recipe for the weekend. They are always a hit with my family… we just add the mini eggs as a treat for Easter.
What you will need:
- 2 Camino 55% chocolate bars
- 1 1/2 cups GoGo Quinoa Puffed Quinoa Cocoa Cereal (or a puffed rice cereal)
- 2 small bags of mini eggs
- Optional: ground sea salt to taste (some of us love a little sweet and salty!)
- In a small saucepan on low heat, melt the dark chocolate.
- While the chocolate is melting, add 1 cup of quinoa cereal to a large mixing bowl.
- When the dark chocolate is thoroughly melted, pour the chocolate into the mixing bowl.
- Mix the ingredients with a spatula until all of the quinoa is covered in the chocolate. Add your other 1/2 cup of quinoa and do the same thing.
- Set aside the mixing bowl. Chop up one small package of mini eggs.
- Add the crunched mini eggs into the bowl.
- Form into bite-sized cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Using your other bag of mini eggs, add a mini egg on the top of each cookie.
- Chill in the freezer or fridge.
- When the chocolate has fully hardened, remove from the fridge, and enjoy 🙂