Tomorrow night I will be running a class for a group of single ladies. “Cooking for one!” We all need something a little sweet and sometimes its hard to come up with the time and energy to whip up a treat when it’s just for yourself. Well…very little time and energy is required for this tasty treat! Get excited…you can whip this delicious dessert up in just a minute in the microwave or 14 minutes in the oven.
I tried the recipe in the oven and microwave. Both options work equally as well. So it is really up to you. If you have a microwave you can save some time and do it this way. If you want to make more than one (you’ll probably want to) I recommend mixing up a few to bake in a muffin tray.
This mug cake can hardly even be considered a cheat as it’s made with wholesome and limited ingredients. I adapted this recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie’s recipe. Absolutely love how it turned out. Ooooey goooey, moist, and delicious. I topped ours with SoDelicious Coconut Whip Cream (heaven) and a little shredded unsweetened coconut. You can also add dark chocolate chunks (>70% cacao) for an antioxidant boost!
One-Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp spelt flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of stevia (1/8 tsp)
- 3 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 3.5 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- In a microwave-safe mug or small bowl combine the dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Melt the coconut oil.
- Add all liquid ingredients and mix thoroughly with a spoon.
- Microwave in mug for 40-45 seconds.
- OR if you choose to bake this item. Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Spray a muffin tin with coconut oil spray or desired greasing ingredient.
- Pour into greased muffin tin.
- Bake for ~10-14 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Enjoy warm or cooled. Top with melted chocolate, shredded coconut, coconut whip cream, whatever your heart desires!