I love making my own roasted chickpea snacks. After lots of practice I have finally mastered the cook time to get the perfect crunch! I have discovered that the key to getting the chickpeas crunchy everytime is to place them in the oven while it is still preheating.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1-2 cans chickpeas (540mL cans)
- 1 tbsp olive oil or olive oil spray
- Optional: ground sea salt or paprika/chili powder or cinnamon sugar
- Rinse and drain chickpeas.
- Pour the chickpeas onto a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil or spray with olive oil. Distribute evenly.
- Turn the oven to bake at 425F. Place the chickpeas in the cool oven.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Mix the chickpeas regularly to ensure even roasting.
- Remove from the chickpeas from the oven and allow to cool for 45-60 minutes.
- After cooling, you can add ground sea salt, chili powder, paprika, cinnamon sugar…whatever you feel like to season! My favourite way to eat these is with just a little bit of ground sea salt. I also use these as salad toppers to add a crunch.