One of my all-time favourite dessert/treat recipes! I’ve posted a very similar recipe to this before….and here it is again because it is so tasty! This recipe is always a hit with my family and it was a big hit with my coworkers as well. This bark didn’t last very long in our fridge! Give it a try 🙂
Ingredients (makes ~12 bars):
- 1-2 cans chickpeas (540mL cans)
- 1 tbsp olive oil or olive oil spray
- 2 Camino 55% dark chocolate bars (or dark chocolate of choice)
- Ground sea salt
- Rinse and drain chickpeas.
- Pour the chickpeas onto a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil or spray with olive oil. Distribute evenly.
- Turn the oven to bake at 425F. Place the chickpeas in the cool oven.
- Bake for 40 minutes and mix the chickpeas regularly to ensure even browning.
- Remove from the chickpeas from the oven and allow to cool for 45-60 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt your two bars of dark chocolate.
- Place your cooled chickpeas in a shallow rectangular Tupperware container with parchment paper.
- Add ground sea salt to the chickpeas.
- Pour the melted dark chocolate over your chickpeas. Distribute evenly using a spatula so that all chickpeas are coated. Add some fresh ground sea salt on the top.
- Place in the freezer or refrigerator for cooling.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, pop the large chocolate piece out of the Tupperware container. Remove the parchment paper and place in a large Ziploc bag.
- Break up the chocolate into bark bite-sized pieces in the Ziploc bag (this avoids a mess).
- Enjoy chilled.