This recipe makes ~9 large slices/servings. It is packed with wholesome ingredients and healthy fats to keep you satisfied longer!
- 4 eggs
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 medium-sized bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup natural almond butter
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt (0% m.f.)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup rye flour (or other flour of choice, gluten-free all purpose, almond flour, etc)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon (I like using a lot for flavour!)
- 2 packets of stevia
- Touch of ground sea salt
- Optional: add pecans, almonds, dark chocolate chips, or what ever suits your tastes buds. Note: I calculated the nutrition information based on adding pecans.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the four eggs and whisk to combine.
- Begin to add in the other wet ingredients and continue mixing by hand.
- Slowly start to add dry ingredients to the bowl with regular mixing. You can combine quickly using your mixer but, do not over mix as the bread will become gummy.
- Optional: if you adding additional nuts, seeds, chocolate chips, or fruit, begin to fold them into the batter at this time.
- Spray a baking loaf pan with coconut oil, and pour mix in. Ensure it is all evenly distributed.
- Bake for ~50 minutes until browning. Use a sharp knife to assess whether it is cooked fully through the centre by poking within.
- Allow to cook for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy! P.S. as you can see from my below photo I sprinkled the top of our banana bread with pure maple sugar from FarmBoy!
Nutrition Facts per serving:
Calories: 216 cal Fat: 11 g Protein: 7g Net Carbs: 13 g