(Vegan, Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Paleo-friendly, Sugar-Free)
Looking for a healthier snack to make for Superbowl Sunday?? Stay on track with your diet by snacking on these cauliflower “wings”! OMG they are so delicious…. and the ranch dip….omg again. Adjust the amount of hot sauce used to suit the level of spice you can tolerate. I made them for staff and customers at our Sobeys today and they were a HUGE hit. Many found it so hard to believe it’s actually cauliflower.
Additionally, these guys are BAKED not fried. Let me know how you like them…
For the Cauliflower Wings:
- 1 head of a small/medium cauliflower, broken into large chunks (wing size)
- ½ cup Silk unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup water
- ¾ cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free White Rice Flour (or gluten-free flour of choice)
- ¾ tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp of paprika
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 3/4 cup frank’s red hot sauce
- 1 tbsp Earth Balance vegan original butter spread
- Line baking sheet(s) with parchment paper or grease very well with oil. Preheat your oven to 425-450 F depending on your oven.
- Wash and cut cauliflower head into bite sized pieces/florets.
- Mix the nut milk/water/flour and spices in a medium mixing bowl (set aside the hot sauce and butter for later). Mix until the batter is thick and is able to coat the cauliflower without dripping.
- Dip the cauliflower in the batter. You can do this one by one or in batches. shake off excess batter before placing cauliflower on the baking sheet. Lay the cauliflower single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown, flipping the florets over half way through to get all sides golden brown and crispy.
- While the cauliflower is baking, get your buffalo wing sauce ready. In a small saucepan on low heat melt earth balance “butter” and mix in the hot sauce. Remove from the heat just as it starts to melt. Stir together and set aside.
- When the cauliflower is done its first bake in the batter, remove them from the oven and put all the baked florets into a mixing bowl with the wing sauce and toss to coat evenly. Return cauliflower to baking sheet and bake in the oven for another 20-25minutes. Broil for the last 5 minutes to improve crunchiness!
- While this is baking, start mixing up your quick and easy vegan ranch dip. It’s so delicious!
For the Ranch Dip:
1 cup Vegan Mayonnaise (Vegenaise)
1/8 cup Silk unsweetened original almond milk
2 tsp Bragg’s apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp parsley flakes
1 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped
1 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and place in the refrigerator until consumption.
- Use for dipping for your “wings”, vegetables, chips, what ever you desire!