I’ve decided to start adding some positive food reviews to my blog so you can see some of my personal grocery picks! There are many food products out there and so many that are made with quality ingredients, others, not so much. So it’s nice to learn more about some of the healthier options out there on the market.
Let’s start with NuPasta. It’s a new low-calorie pasta alternative that we just started carrying at my Sobeys location. It can be found in the natural food aisle. NuPasta is made from Kojnac.. a root vegetable (not grown in Canada). It is VERY low calorie, for an entire pack (which fed 2 of us) is was only 25 calories?! INSANE!
I don’t normally eat regular pasta noodles as the nutritional benefits are lacking and I would rather get my carbohydrate source from nutrient dense foods such as vegetables, fruit, lentils, and beans!
However, sometimes you crave an italian meal and this is a great substitute to keep it low carb and low in fat. It is ALL about the sauce with these noodles. On their own they are almost no flavour at all. So make a nutrient dense sauce to amp up the flavour.
Here’s what I did:
- Cooked 1 lb of ground chicken, cooked in a skillet with olive oil, garlic, and italian spices
- Add mushrooms, chopped vegetables, and onions to the skillet. Saute.
- Add 1 jar of Victoria White Linen Marinara Sauce from Costco (great natural sauce)
- Drained the NuPasta Noodles and mixed them in the skillet.
- Optional: 2 tbsp Skotidakis Jalapeno Greek yogurt dip for a little spice and cheesy consistency.
VOILA! The added ground chicken and jalapeno greek yogurt dip boosts the protein to keep you satisfied longer.