Hi guys! I am so sorry! I have been MIA from A Teaspoon of Bliss for way too long. I have been very busy with the new job (plus teaching yoga on the side!). Now that I am all settled in, I am ready to get back at it and will continue to share my recipes, nutrition tips, and much more frequently.
To begin, HAPPY NEW YEAR! Let’s start 2017 on the right track. Time to set goals, intentions, and strive to be the best version of you. Healthy can still be delicious. So let’s eat some GOOD food this year. Wholesome, minimally processed, low in sugars, and overall… healthy!
I created this recipe at work the other day and it was a huge hit with our staff and customers. Best part is… it’s packed with healthy ingredients and is nutrient dense to keep you satisfied during your work day.
The picture below is prior to the chocolate dipping of course! I wanted you to be able to see all the good little ingredients in there 😉
Ingredients (makes 24 bites):
- 15 small pitted dates, microwave to soften for 40 seconds with 1 tbsp water
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ cup hemp hearts
- 1 packet or 1 scoop (40g) Chocolate Vega All-In-One Nutritional Shake Protein Powder
- ¼ cup Sunbutter, or nut butter of choice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch ground sea salt
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp water
- Outer Coating: 3/4 package Camino 72% dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- In the food processor, combine all the ingredients except for the oats.
- Begin to process ingredients in the food processor, Vitamix, or Ninja and make into a paste.
- Remove from the food processor and scrape into a new bowl.
- Add the oats and knead them into the dough to evenly combine.
- Form into small bite sized balls. Roll with clean hands.
- Refrigerate and store in a lidded container lined with waxed paper.
- Turn the stove top burner onto low heat. Add in ¾ package of the dark chocolate chips. Stir until fully melted. Turn off the burner and remove from heat.
- Dip each bite using a tooth pick into the dark chocolate.
- Allow these to chill in the refrigerator on a serving tray lined with parchment paper.
- When the chocolate is fully hardened, enjoy 🙂
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.