Mmmm! Tried making my own homemade waffles for the first time and I will definitely be doing this again. They turned out so delicious. I try to keep the added sugar in my recipes to a minimum. If you like things a little bit sweeter, increase the coconut sugar as you please. Also, feel free to swap the blueberries for your fruit of choice!
This recipe makes 9 waffles:
- 2/3 cup oat flour
- 2 cup rye flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2.5 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened Silk vanilla almond milk
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- a touch of ground sea salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries.
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Mix in a large mixing bowl the above ingredients, in order. Mix thoroughly.
- Grease the waffle iron. I used coconut oil spray.
- Place batter in individual sizes into waffle iron. Cook until browning on the edges and top. (We like to cook ours to get a little crispy on the edges).
- In between each waffles make sure to re-grease the waffle iron.
- When all done, top with shredded coconut, almond butter, maple syrup.. whatever you fancy!