We love to have homemade healthy goodies handy at our house so that we always know we have something to grab on the go with our busy schedules. These bars are packed with healthy unsaturated fats from nuts and seeds – giving you a boost of Omega 6s! Additionally, nuts and seeds are a great source of fibre and protein helping you maintain a healthy digestive system and keep you satisfied.
Let me know what you think. Feel free to experiment with swapping for different nuts and seeds.
- 2 cups gluten free large flake oats (I used Hilray Whole Grain Oats)
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup pitted dates, microwave with 2 tbsp water to soften and mash into a paste
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter, softened (or nut/seed butter of choice)
- 1/3 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp ground sea salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Ensure to soften dates and make into a paste. Mix into the bowl with dry ingredients.
- Soften the peanut butter and melt the coconut oil to add to the bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together. Pack into a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for ~15-20 minutes until browning.
- Allow to cool for an hour. Place in the refrigerator.
- Enjoy! Store these bars in the refrigerator.