What you will need (Makes ~9 bars):
- 1 1/2 cup large flake oats
- 1/4 + 1 tbsp cup corn flour (or gluten free flour of choice)
- 3 TBSP natural almond butter (or nut butter of choice), smooth and softened.
- 1 1/2 TBSP coconut sugar
- 4 TBSP coconut oil, melted
- 1 TBSP pure maple syrup
- 10 fresh dates, pitted, softened and mashed into a paste.
- 1/2 tsp ground sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 TBSP brown rice syrup (found at Bulk Barn, if you do not have this you can swap for more honey instead).
- 1 1/2 TBSP honey
- 6 tsp corn starch
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix all dry ingredients for the oat layer together. Then begin to add in wet ingredients one at a time with stirring. Note: to soften the dates, microwave them for 40 seconds with 2TBSP water. Then mash into a paste.
- In a small pan lined with parchment paper, pack down the mixture to make the bottom oat layer.
- Now, In a small pan on the stove top. Placing the burner to medium-high heat, add blueberries, mashed banana, syrup, and honey. Bring to a boil. Once bubbling, remove from the heat and begin to stir in corn starch 1 tsp at a time. This will thicken the blueberry mixture.
- When you had added all the corn starch, pour and spread this layer on top of the oat layer.
For the top oat layer I like to add my own personal granola at the end for a crunch: See Brooke’s Almond Granola Recipe here!
OR for the top layer you can mix in a small bowl:
- 1/2 cup large flake oats
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Small handful pecans/almonds
Mix these ingredients together and sprinkle on top before cooking.
FINAL STEP! Bake in the oven on 350F for ~20-25minutes. Until you can see the edges browning. Let cool and enjoy warm! If you are storing these to eat throughout the week I recommend storing them in the refrigerator after 1-2 days.