Nutrition Facts Per Mini Omlette Cup: 54 calories, 1.8g fat, 2.2g carbs, 6.3g protein
These mini omelette cups are a perfect batch to make before you begin your work week. Store them in the refrigerator and heat them up throughout your week for breakfast or lunch …or even as a protein snack!
I chose to use the veggies I had in the house..broccoli, yellow pepper, red onion, kale — you can switch this up to match your taste buds! E.g. Mushrooms, red pepper, spinach, etc.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup broccoli, diced
- 1/2 a large yellow pepper, diced finely
- 1/2 a large red onion, diced finely
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium sized carton egg whites (500g)
- 1/4 cup green kale, massaged washed and chopped finely
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Pepper
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp feta cheese (optional or swap for your cheese of choice)
- Optional: sprinkle the tops of each cup with chili pepper flakes
- In a small skillet on medium-high heat, saute the broccoli, onion, pepper, and garlic in olive oil.
- Preheat the oven to 350F while this is sautéing.
- When veggies are complete (~5-7 mins), pour into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add the carton of egg whites, kale, feta cheese, and salt and pepper to the bowl.
- Mix the components and using a large spoon. Pour the mixture into a sprayed muffin tin. Should make 9 mini omlette cups. Make sure to evenly distribute the veggies throughout. If you would like to add a little bite – sprinkle chili pepper flakes on top of each cup here.
- Bake at 350F for ~20 minutes. Until the eggs are beginning to brown on the egg and the top has hardened (touch the top to test this).
- Eat immediately or store in the refrigerator until eating next.
I usually eat my egg whites with homemade salsa or fresh Farmboy Salsa 🙂 delicious combo. Give it a try!