Craving pancakes but trying to stay healthy? Cut the pancake mix and create your own personal pancake using ingredients your body will thank you for!
This recipe can be made using flour as a base OR protein powder…depending on what you are looking for.
Ingredients (makes 1 large pancake):
- 4 tbsp spelt flour (I used One Degree Organics Spelt Flour) OR you can use 4 tbsp protein powder (I use Genuine Health’s Vanilla Vegan Protein Powder).. OR you can use any flour of your choice.
- 2 tbsp large flake oats
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp plain greek yogurt (0% m.f.)
- 2 egg whites (or 4 tbsp egg whites)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Ground sea salt
- 1/4 cup frozen or fresh blueberries.
- 1 1/2 tsp coconut sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except the coconut sugar and mix thoroughly.
- In a medium-sized skillet, spray, add coconut oil, or your oil of choice to prevent sticking. Turn burner on to medium-high heat. Once oil melted, pour in your pancake mix.
- Sprinkle the coconut sugar on the top of the pancake while cooking.
- Once you begin to see bubbles on the top of the pancake and the bottom is cooked enough to flip, do so. (Cook for about 7 minutes each side – until browning)
- Remove from burner. Top your pancake with a dollop of greek yogurt, maple syrup, and fruit of choice. I like to melt frozen blueberries in the microwave to pour overtop (as seen in the photo).