Want a quick, easy, and HEALTHY bbq meal? Salmon a lean source of protein, high in omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids play an important role in heart health.
Since summer is here, we are always looking for new ways to use the BBQ at dinner time. These salmon skewers can be made on the bbq or even in the oven if you do not have one.
What you will need:
- 1 large salmon fillet (I usually get my salmon from costco.. or you can buy multiple smaller salmon fillets at your local grocery store. However, try to buy a thicker one for easier “skewer-ing”.)
- 3-4 lemons, slices thinly into large coin shapes.
Olive oil to drizzle.
- Whatever spices you may like. I used a touch of paprika, chili powder, cracked ground pepper, cajun, and garlic powder.
1. Create your skewers first using double skewers as seen in the picture. In between each salmon piece, place a folded lemon on the skewer.
2. Preheat the barbeque or oven while you begin to spice your skewers.
3. Drizzle the skewers with olive oil and add your desired spices.
4. BBQ or bake your skewers wrapped in tinfoil drizzled with olive oil. This will help to avoid sticking to the grill or loss of salmon.
5. Remove from the grill/oven after ~15-25 minutes. When your fish fillet begins to flake easily when touched with a knife or fork it is cooked and ready!
I love to pair my grilled salmon with grilled asparagus. Especially local fresh Ontario asparagus.