I combine two of my FAVOURITE foods! Popcorn + Dark Chocolate.
Try it out:
- In a popcorn machine or in a pot on the stove, made your own popcorn in 1 -2tbsp coconut oil (depending on how much you want to make).
- Spread the popcorn on parchment paper on the kitchen counter.
- Melt dark chocolate (at least 70% cacao) and drizzle all over the popcorn.
- Distribute ground sea salt to taste.
- Allow this to sit and harden on the counter…. or don’t wait and eat it warm and gooey with chocolate! and ENJOY.
Why do I choose to make my own homemade popcorn versus microwave bagged popcorn? Make your own popcorn at home with plain popping kernels – it is just as fast and saves you from consuming hydrogenated oils, trans fats, artificial colors, artificial flavours, unneeded sodium, and much more.
Why choose dark chocolate (>70% cacao) and not regular dark or milk chocolate? Dark chocolate and cocoa powder are the least processed forms of chocolate. Therefore, they contain the highest flavonoid content (an antioxidant). As an antioxidant, flavonoids help repair damaged body cells, fight free radical damage, and may help reduce the risk of heart disease.
(Milk chocolate and white chocolate are very poor sources of flavonoids).