You need to make this. It is like a healthier, lower fat, guilt-free twist on the traditional almond/nut chocolate barks…. BUT BETTER.
1 can chickpeas
1.5 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp ground sea salt
1.5 cups dark chocolate wafers (70%)
1. Preheat oven to 400F
2. Rinse and drain chickpeas. Mix in a container to coat them in 1.5 tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp ground sea salt.
3. On parchment paper, place in the oven on a baking sheet and bake at 400F for ~50 minutes (until crunchy). Note: toss them around once in awhile to evenly bake the.
4. Remove from oven and allow the chickpeas to cool for at least an hour.
5. In a small baking pan lined with parchment paper, pour in the chickpeas.
6. Melt the dark chocolate on the stove on low-medium heat.
7. Pour into the pan to coat and cover the chickpeas.
8. Place in the freezer. Allow to harden.
9. Break into “bark” pieces once hardened.
10. Enjoy 🙂 … store in the refrigerator.