8 large carrots, skinned, chopped
3.5 cups chicken broth (or vegetable)
2 white onions, chopped
1.5 tbsp minced ginger
1 clove garlic, crushed
Pinch of nutmeg
Ground pepper and salt to taste.
1. Put chopped carrots in a small pot with water and bring to a boil. Allow to cook thoroughly until soft throughout. When soft, drain the carrots.
2. In a large soup pot, combine chicken broth and onions and bring to a boil. Once boiled, lower to medium heat and add in the cooked carrots.
3. Using an immersion blender, blend the soup mixture until you reach an even puree consistency.
4. Stir in the ginger, garlic, nutmeg, pepper & salt.
5. Allow to simmer on low for ~2 hours.