Ingredients (serves 12):
2 cans crushed tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
1 can kidney beans, rinsed & drained
1 can chickpeas, rinsed & drained
1 red pepper, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
1.5 cups mushrooms, chopped
1 package (450g) ground turkey
1 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper
2 garlic gloves, crushed
1 tsp oregano
1. Start by heating a skillet with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add in the ground turkey and sprinkle with 1 tbsp chili powder. Cook until done on medium-high heat (when no pink throughout ~15 mins).
2. In a large pot on medium heat, combine the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, kidney beans & chickpeas (MAKE sure you wash and drain them).
3. When turkey is finished, add it to the pot.
4. In the same skillet, sauté the onion, peppers, and mushrooms ~7 minutes. Add them to the pot when finished.
5. Add in spices – 3 tbsp chili pepper, 1 tsp cayenne pepper, 2 crushed garlic cloves, 1 tsp oregano.
6. Bring to a boil. Then allow to simmer for at least ~30 minutes on low heat.
7. Ready to eat 🙂 I usually add parmesan on top of mine…. because who doesn’t love parmesan?
Nutrients Per Serving: