1 carton Campbell’s chicken broth
Equal carton of water
6 uncooked chicken thighs (with skin and bones)
1 whole red onion and 1 whole yellow onion, outer skin peeled off
2 leeks, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
1. Put all ingredients in a soup pot and bring to a boil.
2. Once boiled, simmer for 1 hour until chicken thighs are fully cooked and white.
3. With a slotted spoon, remove the chicken thighs onto a plate.
4. Remove the skin and the bones from the chicken and set aside the chicken.
5. With an immersion hand blender carefully blend the soup mixture on the stove. (**watch for splattering of hot contents**)
6. Once blended, add the chicken pieces back into the mixture.
7. Optional: add in one more sliced leek, carrot, and celery if you like chunks in your soup.
8. Sprinkle seasonings to taste (salt, pepper, parsley and italian seasoning).
9. Gently cook for another 20 minutes until vegetables are fork tender.
10. YUMMM ENJOY 🙂