Beets are a great way to get more iron into your diet. My favourite way to eat beets is to roast them on the bbq. Simple, easy, and a great addition to salads, a vegetable stir fry, or even as a side on their own!
1. Scrub/wash your beets.
2. Chop into wedges, slices, however you prefer.
3. Microwave until they begin to soften.
4. Put in tinfoil with olive oil, ground pepper, and a little bit of salt.
5. Roast until thoroughly soft and when they darken on the outside.
6. Enjoy however you’d like!
A great combo with beets is a spinach and goat cheese salad topped with sliced sirloin steak, roasted beets and balsamic dressing 😉