What you will need (Serves 4):
1/2 cup quinoa, uncooked
3/4 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup red pepper, chopped
1/4 cup yellow pepper, chopped
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
1/4 cup tomato, chopped
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 tbsp olive oil
3 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp lime juice
1 tsp honey
Pinch ground sea salt & ground black pepper
1. Cook 1/2 cup quinoa (with 1 cup water) — directions are on package of quinoa you buy
2. Let cooked quinoa chill in the refrigerator
3. When quinoa is chilled, combine with all other ingredients in a bowl.
4. Eat chilled — add nuts as desired when ready to eat. I added walnuts.
5. and ENJOY! This is a perfect side to a dinner meal 🙂
Nutrients per serving:
Calories: 190 kcal/serving
Quinoa is one of few COMPLETE plant-based proteins. Therefore, it provides you with all the 9 essential amino acids like an animal food source would (e.g. chicken).