I couldn’t figure out how to classify this meal. It is not a soup, not a chili, and not a cabbage roll…It is like all three mixed together and it is delicious!
Ingredients (serves 6):
1-2 pounds ground chicken or ground turkey
2 large cans diced tomatoes
1 small head cabbage, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp black pepper
½ tsp Italian seasoning
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 red onion, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
(optional): 1 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- In a skillet, on medium-high heat, cook the ground chicken (or turkey) until done.
- Drain the chicken and combine into a large pot with diced tomatoes (including the juice) and chopped cabbage on medium heat.
- Sauté the onion, crushed fresh garlic, red pepper, and mushrooms until just tender – add to the pot.
- Add black pepper and Italian seasoning to taste.
- Cover and simmer for ~30 minutes.
- Serve over cooked brown rice or it is delicious on its own as well! …(I usually eat it alone sprinkled with parmesan cheese)
Nutrients Per Serving (without rice):