What’s on your plate for dinner? Tonight we are having cashew chicken stir fry in my house!
Ingredients (serves 2):
2 chicken breasts, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 green pepper, chopped
2 skinned carrots, chopped
1 cup chopped broccoli
1/2 red onion, chopped
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1 clove crushed garlic
2 tbsp (light – low sodium soy sauce)
1/3 cup unsalted cashews
1 cup cooked brown rice
1. Turn the stove on to medium heat and in a wok/skillet add 1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
2. Chop up two thawed chicken breasts and add to the heated wok
3. While the chicken is cooking.. chop up all your vegetables
4. When the chicken is cooked throughout (no pink colour ~10 minutes) – remove chicken from the wok and place aside.
5. Now cook your vegetables for ~12 minutes; add in crushed garlic (I usually add broccoli a few minutes later as it cooks the quickest and I like it to have some crunch!)
6. Add the chicken back into the wok and add 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
7. Cook for another 3 minutes.
8. All finished! Serve on brown rice and top with cashews!
Nutrients per serving:
Calories: 404 kcal/serving
Protein: 30.3 g/serving
Fat: 12.1 g/serving (0 trans fats)
Carbohydrate: 46.4 g/serving